Dirty vents cover can make a room look unappealing. Even if you’ve just performed your professional cleaning routine, filthy heating and cooling vents could make the room look “unfinished”. Don’t let your hard work look incomplete, offer your house and office cleaning customers vent cover detail cleaning. It’s not as hard as it may seem. Here’s why and how to clean heating and cooling vent covers.
Cleaning vent covers is a simple task to perform for your residential and commercial cleaning customers.
On most routine cleanings it is expected of your company to at least swipe across vents with a duster to remove dust, debris, lint, hair, and anything else that would become airborne. And most times this would suffice.
However, over time, using a feather duster won’t cut it. It just won’t get the job done.
As climatic changes cause the air in any home or office to become humid, the dust along the vents will adhere to the surface. The heating and cooling vents will need to be cleaned in a different way.
And it’s not just the heating and cooling vents, it’s the exhaust fan covers and the return grates and grilles as well.
Performing a task like cleaning these vent covers and grilles can be as simple as a quick swipe across with a vacuum and brush attached. Or, it may require the vent to be completely removed for proper cleaning.
It just depends on how thorough you want to be. The depth of cleaning is up to you.
Since every situation is different, my advice to you would be to access your customer’s home or office building prior to offering to clean the vents. First, be sure you can perform the job. Secondly, you’ll want to prepare your additional fee.
Oh yes! You’re not giving away your cleaning time. You’re making extra money. And, ahem, isn’t that why you own a professional cleaning business? 😐
There are several other reasons to detail clean the vents and grates in homes and office buildings.
Cleaning heating and air conditioning vents is important because...
- It reduces the dust in the air which can cause respiratory concerns.
- It keeps the room free of dust particles, pollutants, and allergens better and longer.
- As a professional cleaning service provider, it allows you to provide a more comprehensive cleaning experience to your customers and increase your income.
- Lastly, cleaning AC and heating vents, exhaust fans, and return grates and grilles encourage customer satisfaction.
Materials needed to clean heating vents, AC vents, exhaust fans, or return grates and grilles
- Vacuum (with hepa filter) with brush attachments
- Bucket of warm water with mild soap.
- Step ladder
How to clean heating and cooling vent covers
The instructions are pretty straightforward. The key is to get permission to perform the task first before you proceed along with discussing the additional fee. Remember, additional cleaning = additional money.
Got it? Cool!
- Use your vacuum with a brush attachment to remove all loose dust and dust bunnies. If the vent or returns are good after you vacuum. You’re all done.
- If it needs just a tad more, take a damp cotton or microfiber towel to wipe across.
- However, if you come across a vent that needs more attention, it’s your choice to wash it.
- Use your screw driver to remove the screws and take it off.
- For most bathrooms, simply pull down the vent cover and squeeze the metal springs to remove the cover.
- Wash in warm water, rinse, dry, and replace the vents.
** I am not advocating to vacuum inside of the ducts. That’s a different type of cleaning!
Ok. See, not to hard at all, right? But, oh man, the rooms of your house and office cleaning customers will look more complete once you’ve cleaned the vent covers, grates, and grilles.
ENTER OUR DEEP CLEANING CHALLENGE AND LEARN HOW TO DO THIS FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!
Add this as a permanent upsell for your professional maid and janitorial cleaning business.
Incorporating a deep cleaning program is the practical PROFESSIONAL CLEANING approach you have been looking for.
You didn’t start cleaning houses or office buildings to get by with the basics. We’re sure, you want to offer your BEST, be your BEST, and get PAID YOUR BEST!
It’s free to join. Simply complete the form below and we will send you a 3-step process of how the Deep Cleaning Challenge works. Or, click here to read more.
Not interested in providing comprehensive cleaning services? No problem. Take a peek at our Resource Library for cleaning professionals. It’s full of checklists, schedules, a list of cleaning products, and so much more! Oh, and it’s FREE too, but for a limited time.
We would love to keep in touch and send you easy to follow – practical solutions for your cleaning business or cleaning side hustle. Click here to sign up to our weekly newsletter.