Ugly tiled floors can make any home or office look and feel bad. Don’t let your customers suffer one.more.day! Here’s how to professionally deep scrub tiled floors for your house and office cleaning customers.
I don’t want to bore you with yet one.more.dang.tutorial about floor cleaning. So, we’ll keep this simple and to the point. Cool?
Materials you’ll need…
- Rotary floor scrubber and appropriate plate attachment
- Appropriate floor scrub pad or brush
- Wet/ dry vacuum
- 2-3 mop buckets on wheels with down press (wringer)
- 2-3 mop sticks
- 2-3 cotton blend mop heads (1 to apply stripper, 1-2 for rinsing)
- 1 rayon mop (used if you’re applying a sealer or wax)
- Vinegar (helps to balance the PH levels after cleaning. Use a little in your final rinse water)
- Fans or air movers
- 2-3 small buckets
- 2 floor scrapers
- Shoe sole covers (seen in video)
- Towels for cleaning and covering walk off areas
- 2-3 extension cords
- Vacuum, dust mop, and/ or broom and dust pan (whatever’s your flavor)
- Floor sealer and/or floor finish (Depends on the manufacturer)
- Good music or a great audiobook! (I had to add this)
This is how to professionally deep scrub tiled floors
Before I list the following step by step instructions to clean floor tiles, I must first say, ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED CLEANING MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES.
If your BMW stopped running, you wouldn’t take it to a Ford dealership. Same rules apply. Follow the instructions of the maker. Okay.
In other circumstances, follow these instructions
- Get all of the material and anything else you think you might need. Copy this list and check it off.
- At the job site remove dry debris with your choice of vacuum, broom and dust pan or dust mop. Which ever your prefer.
- Put on all protective gear, gloves, shoe sole covers, and anything else you may need.
- Protect the surroundings like walk-off areas and carpeted rooms.
- Mix floor stripper according to the manufacturer.
- Apply mixture to the floor and use the rotary machine accordingly.
- Once you’ve used the machine, but the floor is still wet, scrape anything remaining.
- At this time, scrub the base boards and any hard to reach places
- Use wet vac to extract solution, quickly!
- Rinse the floors and base boards with loose cool water. Empty bucket. Rinse again with a little vinegar in the mop water.
- Dry all floors with air mover or fans.
- Apply sealer and/or floor finish according to the manufacturer. Use fans to dry between coats.
Bam! That’s it.
Over time, you’ll become better with technique – which happens the more you strip and wax or deep scrub floor tile.
Add this cleaning as a permanent upsell for your professional maid and janitorial business.
Enter our FREE Deep Cleaning Challenge and we’ll show you how.
Incorporating a deep cleaning program is the practical PROFESSIONAL CLEANING approach you’ve been looking for.
Because we know you didn’t start cleaning houses or office buildings to get by with the basics. We’re sure you would prefer to offer your BEST, be your BEST, and get PAID YOUR BEST!
Again, it’s free to join. Complete the form below and we’ll send you a step by step tutorial of how the Deep Cleaning Challenge works.
Not interested in providing comprehensive cleaning services? No problem. Take a peek at our Resource Library for cleaning professionals. It’s full of checklists, schedules, list of cleaning products, and so much more! Oh, and it’s FREE too but for a limited time.
We would love to keep in touch and send you easy to follow – practical solutions for your cleaning business or cleaning side hustle. Click here to sign up to our weekly newsletter.