Cleaning a dishwasher is no different than cleaning any other large item for your customers. If you provide refrigerator and oven cleaning, then cleaning a dishwasher with vinegar and a magic eraser should be no problem. Here’s how to make this detail cleaning task simple and painless.
As professional house and office cleaning service providers, we’re accustomed to loading and unloading the dishwasher for our customers. Well, ever consider actually cleaning the dishwasher?
This would be helpful to your customers especially if there’s a foul smell in the dishwasher. Or, if you notice that the dishes aren’t as clean as they ought to be.
It’s also a great way to show your customers that you’re willing to go the extra mile and a crazy fantastic way to make extra money with your cleaning business. So offer this extra service to your customers today.
Now, I’m not talking about dishwasher maintenance. I’m talking about detail dishwasher cleaning with vinegar and a, (maybe 2), Magic Erasers.
It’s painless, yet profitable. Check it out!
Here’s how to clean a dishwasher with vinegar and a magic eraser
Materials needed to clean a smelly and moldy dishwasher
- Towels or paper towels
- Magic Eraser®
- Distilled vinegar
- Wet Vac (optional)
Instructions for cleaning a dishwasher with vinegar and magic erasers
You’ll want to start cleaning the dishwasher after you have finished the regular cleaning tasks of loading dirty dishes, running the cycle and unloading them. I suggest deep cleaning the dishwasher with vinegar after you have finished your basic cleaning schedule.
- Make sure there are no dishes in the dishwasher. It should be completely empty.
- Take your toothpicks and clean as much food and debris from spray arm.
3. Use Q-tips if you must to get into hard-to-reach areas such as the door vent. If you can remove the cover without tools, go ahead. You can use a little water if you must and then use a wet vac to remove all debris. Replace cover to the vent after cleaning.
4. Use Magic Eraser to wipe inside the entire tub, including the door and sides removing soil and mold.
5. Put utensil basket in center bottom rack. It can use a little cleaning too.
6. Place one cup of vinegar in a small dish on top rack and run for the longest cycle.
7. Clean the outside of the dishwasher with a (new) magic eraser. Use toothpicks wherever necessary, especially to get along the facing.
That’s it! You’re all done. Plus, you don’t have to wait until the load is finished. You can leave.
I promise you, if you go through these steps, you will add at least an extra hour onto your regular cleaning. And, how much do you charge an hour to clean? Yea, well, that could be extra money in your pocket. Give it a try 😉.
ENTER OUR DEEP CLEANING CHALLENGE AND LEARN HOW TO DO THIS FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!
Add this as a permanent upsell for your professional maid and janitorial cleaning business.
Incorporating a deep cleaning program is the practical PROFESSIONAL CLEANING approach you have been looking for.
You didn’t start cleaning houses or office buildings to get by with the basics. We’re sure, you want to offer your BEST, be your BEST, and get PAID YOUR BEST!
It’s free to join. Simply complete the form below and we will send you a 3-step process of how the Deep Cleaning Challenge works. Or, click here to read more.
Not interested in providing comprehensive cleaning services? No problem. Take a peek at our Resource Library for cleaning professionals. It’s full of checklists, schedules, a list of cleaning products, and so much more! Oh, and it’s FREE too, but for a limited time.
We would love to keep in touch and send you easy to follow – practical solutions for your cleaning business or cleaning side hustle. Click here to sign up to our weekly newsletter.