It’s so easy to skip past items like these when providing routine house cleaning services. After all, something like cleaning china cabinets aren’t a part of a “routine” cleaning. However, if you’re looking to really impress your customers, offer to clean the curio twice a year. Here’s how to clean a glass curio cabinet and shelves.
Cleaning a glass display case of any type can be alarming. Trust me. I get it.
Cleaning the glass and wood in a china cabinet would require a gentle hand, patience, and more time than you think. Which is why it is not incorporated into general house cleaning.
Cleaning curios and glass shelves can be a tedious time suck. But remember, you’re there already providing basic cleaning for your customers – relieving their time. So why not offer them more time! Your customers would be thrilled if you cleaned their wood and glass china cabinets, especially if they trust you with their precious items inside.
Besides, if the work is a hard task, charge by the hour. It’s really ok.
Enter the FREE DEEP CLEANING CHALLENGE. You’ll learn how to upsell this detail cleaning task to make more money and encourage good customer service starting TODAY!
How to clean a glass curio and china cabinet
Instructions to clean a wood and glass china cabinet
1. Use your camera phone and take a picture of each shelf or record a video. You’ll want to remember exactly where each item belonged.
2. Along with your customer’s approval of each piece, load the appropriate dishwasher safe items in the dishwasher.
3. All other items wash by hand and let drip dry.
4. Any questionable whatnots, just gently wipe with a microfiber cloth and put to the side.
5. In the meantime, use the wood-safe cleaner polisher wiping down all wood in the curio starting from interior top to bottom, then exterior top to bottom. All sides and panels.
6. Then clean glass in the same fashion, up to down, interior then exterior.
7. Replace all items according to your picture or recorded video.
Congrats. You’re good to go!
I grew my office cleaning side hustle into a ½ million-dollar corporation with the partnership of my husband and our amazing staff. In 2020, I retired my service-based business to shift my focus and passion from serving cleaning clientele to serving cleaning business owners.
Utilizing my 27+ years’ experience, I offer free and paid products exclusively for cleaning business owners and cleaning side hustlers at A Janitor’s Story® Website and my VIP Group Coaching Membership App.
I’ve served other cleaning pros by helping them to turn one time cleaning jobs into high paying recurring customers, create excellent client retention practices, develop hiring systems that really work, build marketing techniques that convert and so much more.
If this is a place you’d like to explore, I’d love to serve you too. Simply sign up to my free weekly email newsletter for tips and inspiration. I can’t wait to meet you inside.