Have you ever wondered why it seems easy for some cleaning businesses to get customers? Or, how are they running their successful cleaning business? Better yet, what’s their marketing plan to grow their cleaning business?
Why does it seem as if a mystical fairy sprinkled magic dust over some businesses that they not only keep a full schedule, but have room for more customers? They actually turn a profit and keep good employees! While some house and office cleaning businesses struggle just to make ends meet. Or, their business has plateaued and settled at a point of just paying their bills.
If the latter is your professional cleaning service, it doesn’t have to be. You can change that TODAY!
After all, you’ve been putting yourself out there too! Why can’t you have the success you dream of? You’re networking, advertising, joining committees, paying for mastermind groups, and really going strong showcasing your skills on social media.
You’ve taken business classes and courses, received business consulting from the best that you could afford, and have dove deep into your systems and techniques. So, what gives? What else can you do to achieve the results that your heart desires with your professional cleaning company?
What can you do, starting TODAY?
I know how you feel. I know how frustrating this can be! In fact, in 2001, during a recession, my residential customers began to cancel cleaning services due to their financial crisis. My cleaning service business had a few commercial cleaning customers go out of business, so of course they didn’t need my services anymore either.
And, to put icing on that cake, the phone wasn’t ringing with prospective new customers. The few inquiries that did come in were interested more about my cleaning prices rather than my cleaning services.
And, despite giving discount after discount I quickly discovered I couldn’t even make our ends meet.
This can happen to the best of us.
But I didn’t allow things to stay that way. You see, this was the year I got married. My husband and I didn’t need the stress of our professional lives to interrupt our personal life.
Once we started to lay people off, we said enough was enough. There was something else we could do. After all, we were cleaning business owners, and there was always something to clean, right?!?! Right!
(Your queue to say Amen!)
We had to figure out how to make more money fast, consistently, without an additional cost, and without advertising!!!
Because the fact remained, we were not getting any new customers. Seriously, we had several months of cancellations and no new customers. It was a recession, and it hit us hard. Since we couldn’t go wide, in terms of increasing the number of customers, we decided to go DEEP with the few we had.
Plus, didn’t I mention that we had just got married! 🤦🏾♀️
To grow your professional cleaning business go D.E.E.P.
First. Elbert and I had brainstorming sessions to create better and more detailed, customized cleaning packages for each remaining customer.
Second. We worked up our courage muscles to put ourselves out there and ‘ask’ for more work from each of our existing customers.
Third. We did a lot of planning. Sometimes switching days and times of cleaning to accommodate the appropriate amount of time needed to perform the extra tasks for the customers that said yes to our requests.
This wasn’t easy…. But it was simple to apply once we got our heads wrapped around the concept.
You can do the same!
- You can learn how to expand your cleaning packages by offering additional customized services to each of your customers on a continuous basis.
- Since you have the privilege of being present in your customer’s home or office consistently, you will be able to identify their greatest concerns.
- Once you’ve made a list of extra tasks, you can write up a better proposal than any other cleaning company who’s not familiar with your customers. You have the upper hand!
- Moving forward, you can design better systematized custom cleaning services for prospective customers in the future. Well, because now you know how to do it.
And we can help you with this by applying the right step by step formula.
How could going deep grow your professional cleaning business?
- When you provide customized detailed/ deep cleaning services to your customers, you place your residential or commercial cleaning business on a higher playing field. (Most professional cleaning businesses only provide general/basic cleaning). Be better than most.
- By having a vast skill set within the cleaning industry, you place your business as a one-stop shop for all your customer’s cleaning concerns. They won’t to hire any other cleaner no matter what .
- Best of all, providing deep cleaning packages will maximize all your business efforts. (Regardless if you spend $5 or $25 to acquire one new customer, why not make as much income you can from that one customer. It’s simple!)
- You create more value for both your company and your customer. You will be considered a premier cleaning service. Your customer’s every cleaning maintenance concern will be handled by your company!
It’s a WIN – WIN! And, we’re here to show you how.
You see in 2007, Elbert and I had our first child during yet another recession. I became an absentee employer while Elbert and other staff members assumed majority of the business’ day to day functions with the residential and commercial cleaning sites.
Well, with me out of commission, all the post construction jobs couldn’t be performed because that was a position very hard to fill once I took a maternity leave.
As soon as I went back to work, we had customers waiting on us!!!
Immediately, I signed contracts for 2 post construction cleaning jobs. Our list of customers increased more and more, after I came back! Take a look at our professional cleaning clientele and notice that we had more lucrative post construction jobs in the years of 2008 -2012.
You see, even though I took off for a year, our cleaning service was still in demand.
We had established our cleaning service to not just be the one-stop shop for our customers, but to also be a premier cleaning service in our area.
Over 10 years later, Elbert and I have packaged that systematic method of providing customized comprehensive cleaning packages to each residential and commercial cleaning customer! And, well, we present it to you.
We call it the 5-Day D.E.E.P. Cleaning Guide!
INTRODUCING The 5 Day DEEP Cleaning Guidebook! You’ll get…
- Step by step, easy to understand, jam-packed, all you’ll ever need manual for UPSELLING additional cleaning tasks.
- Fully loaded with templates, exclusive supplemental support for pro cleaners, PAID VERSIONS of the Simple Pricing Formula and Customer Profile Worksheets.
- Customizable digital download with FREE UPDATES. On demand learning – INSTANT ACCESS across all devices.
And for a very limited time, you’ll have access to 25 deep cleaning tutorials for FREE! Each tutorial highlights one specific detail cleaning task for homes and offices.
THIS IS HUGE!
Because we don’t just tell you what you can clean, WE SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT! Each tutorial gives you step by step cleaning instruction, a cleaning supplies list to perform the cleaning, best practice tips, and some have videos.
You can’t go wrong with this guidebook. Guaranteed to make your money back when applied correctly.
We invite you to take part in the incredible growth strategy that requires nothing more than your full participation. We wrapped this income increasing tactic into a 5 Day DEEP Cleaning Guide.
CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR DEEP CLEANING GUIDE BOOK
In this DEEP Cleaning guide, we take you step by step of how to create a premium cleaning care package for both residential cleaning and for office cleaning. We help you to hone into what tasks are simple and easy – not too intimidating, to items that will cause you to stretch your boundaries and go for the bigger wins. This DEEP Cleaning Guide will propel you into the place of a premiere cleaning service. You will no longer compete with the average cleaning professional who only wants to provide general cleaning. You will prove your worth to your existing customers while becoming the one-stop shop for cleaning maintenance.
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
Until next time,
I grew my office cleaning side hustle into a ½ million-dollar corporation with the partnership of my husband and our amazing staff. In 2020, I retired my service-based business to shift my focus and passion from serving cleaning clientele to serving cleaning business owners.
Utilizing my 27+ years’ experience, I offer free and paid products exclusively for cleaning business owners and cleaning side hustlers at A Janitor’s Story® Website and my VIP Group Coaching Membership App.
I’ve served other cleaning pros by helping them to turn one time cleaning jobs into high paying recurring customers, create excellent client retention practices, develop hiring systems that really work, build marketing techniques that convert and so much more.
If this is a place you’d like to explore, I’d love to serve you too. Simply sign up to my free weekly email newsletter for tips and inspiration. I can’t wait to meet you inside.